Saturday, November 6, 2010

Inchworm

Albert Pinkham Ryder, the turn-of-the-century American painter, said, "Have you ever seen an inchworm crawl up a leaf or a twig, and then clinging to the very end, revolve in the air feeling for something to reach something? That's like me. I am trying to find something out there beyond the place on which I have footing."

I have always loved that analogy. Starting this blog, for me, embodies that quote--"I am trying to find something out there beyond the place on which I have footing". Writing about pots, about the life of an artist, about the day-to-day events, perceptions and funny-shaped pieces that compose the larger picture-puzzle is a new challenge that I have given consideration to for quite some time now. So here goes!


I'm going to keep this short today. I have pots waiting to be trimmed in the studio for our upcoming Thanksgiving Weekend Open House and Studio Sale, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from 10 - 5, November 26-27-28. I am thankful to be an artist, working with clay, making pots, for over 30 years.


Please feel free to speak your mind--I'm going to. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment